Are they safe?
Can members gain personal information about me or am I protected?
What about third party sites that allow me to add items to my Amazon wishlist?

Ever ask yourself these questions, or more?

Iím happy to admit that Iíve been questioning myself about wishlists on Amazon (/third party sites) too. Iíve heard so much different information regarding Amazon wishlists and its safety Ė some people have said that they are 100% safe and others have told me horror stories that have put me off it altogether. Amazon wishlists are great because you can add anything and everything Ė from sexual toys to household items, but I didnít want to take the risk of creating a wishlist and then finding out later down the line that members have knowledge of my personal info. So I thought it was best to hear it from the horseís mouth.

This is a genuine conversation I had with a Customer Rep on Amazon.co.uk on Sunday 14th October 2012. The conversation is word for word and the only edits I have made to it is removing my own personal information and the Customer Reps name. Outside of this, I have in no way, shape or form added or removed text from the conversation

---

You are now connected to Amazon Customer Rep from Amazon.co.uk.

Me: I would like to talk about wishlists
Amazon Customer Rep:: Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk. Please elaborate the issue regarding wish list.
Me: what information can someone see when they make a purchase off someones Amazon wishlist?
Amazon Customer Rep:: May I place you on hold for 2 to 3 minutes while I check this for you?
Me: ok
Amazon Customer Rep:: Iím still working on this. Please give me another 2 minutes.
Thanks so much for waiting.
The Amazon "Add to Wish List" button is a browser button that will let you add items to your Amazon Wish List or registry, even if they aren't listed on the Amazon.co.uk website.
Me: ok
Amazon Customer Rep:: When your friends browse your wish list or registry, they'll see non-Amazon items listed with a "Shop this store" button.
If they decide to click the button to purchase the item, they'll be taken to the store where the item is listed - and the transaction will take place outside of Amazon.co.uk.
Please note that Amazon won't share your delivery address or any personal information with that store.
Me: so Amazon never share any personal info with third parties?
Amazon Customer Rep:: No. We never share customer's any personal info with third parties
Me: and what about when the person makes a purchase with items from Amazon.co.uk. Is any personal information provided to the person who makes the purchase?
Amazon Customer Rep:: Your personal info is private to amazon. The processing of order is done on amazon website. Only profile of person is visible to the person who purchases the item. Profile info means name, email address.
Me: so the person who purchases the item will be able to see my real name or my profile name (is there a difference)?
Amazon Customer Rep:: Real name.
To see if someone you know has created a Wish List on Amazon.co.uk please visit our Wish List page at:

You'll see a search box on the right with the heading "Find a Wish List". Just enter their name or e-mail address, and if they've created a Wish List and made it searchable, we will display it for you. You will need to enter the exact e-mail address or full last name in order to find their list.
Then, simply select the item(s) from the list that you'd like to buy, and choose a gift wrapping and a delivery method. We'll take care of the rest.
Me: Is there anyway around the purchaser not being provided with my real name?
Amazon Customer Rep:: I am sorry but that it is not possible.
Are we connected?
Me: yes
Amazon Customer Rep:: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me: So just to clarify, the only information that will be provided to the purchaser is my real name and email. And this is regardless of whether the product in on Amazon.co.uk or a third party site?
Amazon Customer Rep:: yes. When you purchase an item from another website, the seller of the products on that site will charge your credit card, send the product to you, and handle all customer issues. Amazon.co.uk has no control over your experience once you leave our website, and the A-to-z Guarantee does not apply to these orders.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: so if Amazon cant control the purchasers experience once they leave the Amazon.co.uk website, does this mean there could be a possibility they could be provided with more personal info ie address?
Amazon Customer Rep:: All the process regarding third party order which is placed on the amazon website is controlled by amazon and done on amazon website only. But when you leave amazon website and place your order on seller website we don't have control over them and we do not provide your any information to them neither they will contact us for your information. They may ask you your personal information directly but we don't have control over these orders.
Me: I understand now
you have been most helpful!
Amazon Customer Rep:: Thank you.
Me: No, thank you!
Amazon Customer Rep:: You're welcome. Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.co.uk. We hope to see you again soon! Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
Me: likewise, thank you

---

So there you have it.
Now we all know the truth about Amazon wishlists.
Now the decision lies in your hands as to whether you want a wishlist or not.

Author

NubianDestin

People will hate you, rate you, break you, and shake you. How strong you stand is what makes you

Comments

NorCalBounce Superstar
October 15, 2012 - 20:18

So for anyone who saw my original comment about this, the information I got from Amazon was incorrect. It WILL show your shipping name and city upon checkout. Super lame...

NubianDestin King
October 15, 2012 - 21:53

Thanks for the update Nor Smiley (K)

FitCougar Expert
October 16, 2012 - 0:52

very interesting post Destiny...thx for the research!

RoxieQuin Superstar
October 16, 2012 - 7:28

Oh wow! Thanks for the article, very informative Smiley :)

xMystiquex Jedi
October 16, 2012 - 11:03

Very informative thank you for posting the Smiley :)

MzExotika Hero
October 16, 2012 - 14:55

Well I only do EGIFT cards lol I appreciate the article though, however I remain firm on not dealing with wishlists. In the end, there is no way around for anyone not to get your personal information. I tested it myself, especially on Eden FantasySmiley (Y)

FranceLin Hotshot
October 16, 2012 - 15:48

Wow Destiny! Thanks Hun Smiley :D

mllemystere Superstar
October 16, 2012 - 19:31

Thank you so much, this is completely contrary to everything I've ever been told. I'm glad I never got around to setting up wishlists!

NeonNatasha Rookie
October 16, 2012 - 20:13

I have just used on alias on amazon, as I have on other sites. Is that not a viable option? As long as no one sees my address I am happy, I have fake emails/names for the other part

andjelija Wizard
October 16, 2012 - 22:58

Yeah I use my stage name on my account for amazon....if they want to Find me in Houston...then good luck cause you'll have miles to search.

BryannaS Wizard
October 17, 2012 - 0:11

Same here, you can use an alias. I had even changed my name on my account, for this reason. I have been using an alias since 97, so it's nothing new to me. There are ALWAYS ways around site rules, to protect your identity. Plus, you can have your stuff shipped to a postal box that allows such things. Yes, you have to pay for that box, but, it's worth it.

MissyDevyne Ninja
October 17, 2012 - 19:05

Great post thanx for the info.!!!

VannaMarii Hotshot
October 19, 2012 - 12:52

I just use my stage name as my shipping name. Also, my city of Pensacola is huge, so I'm not worried about that whatsoever. The only guys that even buy me stuff off my wishlist are regulars who live in other countries, and a few that live very far from me in the states.

XSeXxKiTTeNx Superstar
October 19, 2012 - 17:49

I just want to say on my wish list instead of having gifts sent to my home i put in message to send a gift card (e card)to my email address. And to let me know which item they chose off of my wishlist.... its easier and alot safer !!!

RoyalCouple Rookie
October 20, 2012 - 0:46

you can hide your name to the people who view your profile. just move everything down. like where it says ur name put like the a one word name. than in the 1st address use your name. and second use the whole address.

CollaredPrin Hero
October 21, 2012 - 11:41

Thanks so much for the research and post!

MissChemical Graduate
October 23, 2012 - 16:45

I use my cam name & I don't mind people seeing my city so much anymore (it's a whole hell of a lot larger than my previous location), but generally the Amazon Gift Cards are safer. I know girls who keep the wishlist up with no shipping address attached and add a note in the "wishlist profile" that if they'd like to buy something, just send me a GC for the amount. Smiley :)

Ashtarte Novice
October 24, 2012 - 4:36

SexySuzzie Ninja
October 25, 2012 - 0:36

I use my stage name but I think my town shows up

KinkyDenise Learner
October 29, 2012 - 8:19

Interesting! I think i will have my own wishlist.. But i have one (maybe stupid) question.. How can people find me on amazon? Do i have to tell everybody they can get me gifts on amazon?

Savanah_A Mistress
November 2, 2012 - 20:37

lol I dont even put my real name On my wish list, When I get a package with that name I know its from my amazon wishlist... and big dill if they know my city, montreal is HUGE loll I even tell them When I broadcast Im from montreal I rlly dont care if they know.

MemphisBell Hotshot
November 7, 2012 - 20:27

was wondering about that. Thanks yall for clearing this issue up. Smiley :)

IsabellaLynn Expert
November 18, 2012 - 23:22

Personally I've had bad luck with my wish list. Guys can always cancel their order after they've purchased the item for you. I've had it happen to me.

CamGirlforM Rookie
November 20, 2012 - 16:51

I use my stage name as well on a separate Amazon account and it's associated with my stage name email address.

BlueYozakura Ninja
November 22, 2012 - 2:14

This is the very reason I didn't get in on the wishlist thing. There are some models with LLCs that have their wishlist items going to an alternate address with an alternate name. This protects them from someone finding them or providing their real name. Smiley ;)

VixenBlu Wizard
November 26, 2012 - 21:32

Very informative for me, actually. I have been using TheThingsIWant for mine for a long time, til someone pointed out that some of my customers may prefer the perceived "ease" of Amazon. Seems that everyone uses amazon :/

GoddessClaes Crown Prince
January 13, 2013 - 7:08

If you put your city in the address 2 box and put a - in were city goes, then your city isn't shown on your profile. You still get your items and if they're not a dick, then they don't get your city (I've done it). Of course those damn dicks out there who will cancel their order and get your info, so for people I trust I'll switch on the ship to address option for them, if I barely know them, they can send me an amazon ecard. It's scary knowing some of those horror stories. Most guys won't act on anything, they more or less get off on the idea that they have your personal info, that no one else has. But there are a lot of crazies out there and I like the idea of being safe instead of sorry.

Diorboo Hotshot
March 14, 2013 - 3:57

I had a scary situation where a sub came in my room someone I had never chatted with before . Used my real name said it , and stated that he was trying to send me something off my wishlist and needed my address because it wasn't going thru. I didnt let him see me panic but I was deleting my wishlist as he spoke. I used a alias and a P.O. box. They do have shipping forwarding companies available . Where you pay for a fake address in any state you choose to use , and everything is always sent to you.

JoyKitten Crown Prince
April 22, 2014 - 4:20

I think there is confusion about what the Amazon clerk was saying. First let me ask: Are you aware you can add items from other websites to your Amazon Wishlist? Most people do not know that, so most of us only have AMAZON products on our Wishlist. This agent confused us when she's talking about 'leaving Amazon to buy from another seller'. That part has nothing to do with your basic WL. Here's what she's talking about: #1. You find something at Victoria's Secret you like, so you click the 'Add to WL" button you've installed on your browser (most of us haven't done this, and that's why this entire worrisome thread is moot). #2. Your customer goes to your WL page, sees the VS item you want, clicks on the link and it takes him over to the item you flagged on the VS.com site. At this point Amazon is no longer involved. As a courtesy they LISTED the item on their website, but they can't sell it to you. VS.com has to sell it to him. #3 It's impossible for your customer to buy something from VS.com for you because he needs to have your address, which of course he doesn't have. This agent was giving more information than you were asking about. She was reading you the entire 'playbook' when all you wanted to know was whether Amazon shares our address with the person purchasing the item. She's saying, Amazon does NOT share your personal information, only your email address.... but she's also giving you the disclaimer that if you have something on your wishlist from another website Amazon has NO control over that, nor do they share any information WITH that 3rd party website. Quote "All the process regarding third party order which is placed on the amazon website is controlled by amazon and done on amazon website only. But when you leave amazon website and place your order on seller website (example: VictoriasSecret.com) we don't have control over them and we do not provide your any information to them neither they will contact us for your information. They may ask you your personal information directly but we don't have control over these orders." Is that making more sense? As long as you're shopping ONLY on Amazon, not adding items from other websites, your personal information is safe with Amazon.

JoyKitten Crown Prince
April 22, 2014 - 4:36

Continued from my prior reply.... Here's a screen shot of my Amazon Wish List plug-in which I believe the customer service rep was talking about:

Click the image to expand and read it

NubianDestin King
April 22, 2014 - 6:44

@JoyKitten: "As long as you're shopping ONLY on Amazon, not adding items from other websites, your personal information is safe with Amazon" This is NOT true! I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but not only have I done my research, but I have first hand experience of a member obtaining my information from an item that was on my Amazon wishlist. This item was added to my wishlist on Amazon from Amazon.co.uk ie NOT from a third party website. He was chasing up the item because I had not received it and when he spoke with customer services, they provided him with my address! Smiley (devil) If you want an Amazon wishlist, best thing to do is to have a virtual mailing address or a PO BOX address.

Ukcamgirl Virgin
October 5, 2016 - 11:00

Hey all! I just wanted to mention to my fellow uk cam girls that there is a site called parcel love -

- who can keep your details confidential when getting gifts from wish lists and orders from other sites too. Hope this helps! xox

Want to write an article or get interviewed?