I was asked by multiple fellow models what my opinion is about Southern Charms, so I'll try to offer you a couple of info regarding this website.
I have a photo membership site there since 2014 and I am NOT one of their top models.
- They have decent traffic. It is a site created ~1997, they advertise a lot, and some customers are buying memberships for years. The customers are not only Americans; a lot of them are from Europe.
- Anyone can make money on this website, you just need to have regular updates (and be 18+). The minimum requirements are 2 new photo sets per month, taken with a photo camera. However, they also seem to accept pictures taken with a webcam.
- Read their Content Guidelines carefully if you intend working with them. They are pretty conservative and don't like a lot of things, like enemas, tampon strings, peeing etc. You also can't post pics with the USA flag or religious objects in them.
- You can post one single photo update per day, but you can post multiple clips in a single day. The clips are sold outside of the regular membership, and you can set your own price for every clip.
- EVERYTHING you publish here has to be EXCLUSIVE to this website. Trust me, they check the web regularly to see if the content you post is appearing somewhere else. They are also issuing DMCAs when such content is found (some fetish forums are explicitly asking their members to stop posting stolen Southern Charms pics due to the number of DMCAs they receive).
- The site focuses on vanilla content, and on quantity. If you're strictly a fetish producer like me, you won't become a top seller. If you do only the bare minimum that's required of you, you won't make more than $100/month. The top earners have thousands of photo sets and they are around for years.
- I never had issues regarding payments. They pay via check or ACH, once a month, and I usually receive my money on the 3rd of each month.
- I also don't like a couple of things about them. You can't set your own membership price - you have to accept their standard pricing, which is only $14.95/month. They also have sales from time to time and you can't opt out! So you end up selling memberships for $8.95/month (which frankly sucks).
- You can't design your site by yourself, and you can't publish your updates by yourself. You will send all the updates via FTP and someone will post them online 2 days after you sent them! So you always need to plan your updates in advance if you want them to go live on a certain day.
- You get to keep only 50% of your earnings which is lower compared to most clips/membership sites. However, they run a monthly incentive program for models who update frequently that would add 20% more to your income.
- It's a small company. They probably have 3-4 employees, so be patient when you need to talk to their Support. They always answer (and it's the owner that's usually answering!), but it can take a couple of days.
If you have other questions, comment below and I'll try to answer them.
Thank you! This was very helpful.
yes it was helpful for me too! thanks
Thank you so much for the information.
Thanks for the information
People we're hacking my videos and watching for free. The site had too many issues and I had to harass them for my pay. I left after I received it.
thanks for the info!
Accepted back in July of this year, but chose to let my account sit reserved without having completed a profile or having uploaded any content, including a profile picture. I decided to give the site a try. I just became verified on the site this morning and have submitted my documents for my model account and have begun uploading content and checking out the overall mechanics of the site. So far. so good. Should anything change, I'l update.
I’ve been a member of fancentro for over a year now. This is a good option for those who want to process payments for their premium snapchats without having to be concerned about whether or not you’ll lose payment options due to payment platforms not allowing adult content.
The only real issue I’ve had with this site is that they don’t do a good job of referring traffic to your profile from what I can tell, and it would be nice if they did. Aside from that, I’ve had a positive experience with fancentro, and I would recommend to other models as well. I would advise though, that models are aware that they will need to have their own traffic and signups.
They will be shutting down May 1, 2019 and you're unable to sign up.
:o so sad, thanks for sharing the info
Update 11/28/18 -
I have downgraded my rating as I found many of my videos on a pirate site and after requesting them to be removed through MV they are still there. Judging by the huge amount of MV content there-hundreds of videos from the majority of models working on MV they are completely incapable of doing anything about this site whatsoever. I realize that it is a Russian pirate site and they do not respect DMCA however for there to be such a incredible amount of pirated content shows that MV software is completely untrustworthy as no other site has this. Basically it is a second MV but for pirated videos.
This site is good...if you're a female doing vanilla porn. For fetish you can forget it as you won't have traffic nor will you be promoted. Male models can also look elsewhere for traffic as it won't be found here.
I have had constant issues with uploading more than one video at a time as well as videos set to go live at a later date that never do and support has been unable to pinpoint the cause. They have however been polite and responded promptly.
I gave payment as 5 stars for fairness but I have only used this site through Bolyen Models as without being able to avoid the minimum payout amount ManyVids would not be worth the time required for uploading.
Verdict-female vanilla starlets with a traditional porn look will most likely do well here and should give this site a shot. The rest of you would most likely do better on Clips4Sale.
100% right puff. I wrote the exact same review on WCG years ago and manyvids rep came to discredit my review with lies about how it wasn't just for hardcore porn pervs. When indeed it was and still is. I also like the part where they tried to lure camgirls in by repeatedly saying the owner was a female who made the site for camgirls when the site is made for clients. Not Us. What about the part where they only promote nude fake Dommes who disgrace the name Domme in order to get in on the finances of Domination. smh. The best Dommes are Never nude. We don't have to be. The site has the format of Playboy Porn sites from the 80s. No class.
To be honest the supposed new fetish category was insulting. It's one thing to aim for a vanilla audience and quite another to try and guise vanilla as fetish.
Oh they did that? smh When will they learn? I stopped paying attention to them 2 years ago. All these gimmicks are far from what's expected of manyvids and cheapen the content selling community. They ignore the fact that their clips are being PIRATED and shared online for FREE. Instead of doing what needs to be done and spending money on better site security, they occupy themselves clout chasing.
I see you've come to the light. Very happy for your Freedom.
Haha PufferFish is swimming away to other waters lol. I found two more of my videos from here on two more different pirate sites. I am sure there would be more but as I primarily do non-nude fetish my content is simply less appealing to those types of sites.
I really fif well on here for the first 6 months but then went down hill fast.
Hi lisaxlovexxx -- Thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad that you started off strong, but sorry to hear that you ran into a lull. We are more than happy to help give you any assistance you need, whether you are looking for tips on expanding, promotion, anything at all. Please feel free to send me a message to discuss ideas, we have some events coming up that may help you get back on track
I have really enjoyed being part of this site for the past 3 years.
Not worth the time or effort.
I personally liked MFCshare as it's much more comfortable than adding Manivids to your profile. Tokens you receive from your buyers have increases both your ShareScore and MFC camscore.
It's easy to get your earnings, as they're added to MFC payment.
MFCshare also has a bunch of nice features models may like using. And, also, you may set up your albums as non-downloadable to prevent content thefts.